Thursday, June 30, 2011

James Haddock Paintings





New James Haddock paintings influenced by Carol's Granbury workshop. I love tyvek and thanks to Dee Casstevens I now have a good supply.





My version of a Rocky Mountain High.







8 x 10 on canvas



















Cruciform composition is with tyvek.









The painting is in process. I have some flaking with the Valspar crackle glaze. I guess it was either too thick or too thin. Anyone experienced this? Don't think it will matter though because I put lots of gel, layers of acrylic paint, and finally encased with epoxy.


16 x 20 x 1.5 on canvas












This painting with two circles and two lines
was a learning experience. It takes lots of time, and I probably will not use lots of texture in all areas because it makes it difficult or impossible to get the lines straight. Otherwise, I love the colors.

8 x 8 x 1.5 on canvas






This painting was my cut up and throw away painting but now rescued. It is covered with self leveling gel instead of epoxy. My experiment. I think it does the job too. More expensive than epoxy, but much easier to work with.

8 x 10 on board
















The painting uses tyvek, foil, and Valspar crackle glaze. The epoxy really pops the colors. Love, love, love the epoxy effect.


8 x 10 x 1.5 on canvas



















2 comments:

  1. good job James..they are all winners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of cruciform design. I love it when students expand on what they learned in the workshop. Go James!!

    ReplyDelete